[clue] FOSS: Graphics Arts and Designs.

ed ezedtheamerican at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:55:58 MST 2012

5-7 hours is a long time in my opinion, probably more time than would
be beneficial to end-users.
it has been my experience most peoples eyes glaze over and roll back
into their head while having involuntary body movements after 20 to 30
minutes of discussion on using Blender.
the basics can be taught in minutes and would provide a foundation
from which to build.
more in depth subjects like fluid simulations like fire and water are
what I consider "guru" status and are really not intended for
introduction to Blender, but  these are easy to learn once the basics
are conceptualized from other guru's (each with different geographic
locations) online in dedicated and mostly free instructional videos.
A two part seminar each consisting of a 30 minute block should cover
modeling and post processing.
A back to back specialized training session with convenience breaks
might be something I could participate in.
I lost all my documentation and media pertaining to Blender in a
recent unforeseen event which involved dd and a misinterpretation of
an fdisk query.
GIMP is pretty much a WYSWYG icon driven application with some
conformation boxes.
There might be more qualified individuals to teach that program.