[clue] scp help?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sat Sep 8 12:19:41 MDT 2012

Mike:

Do a "ls -laZ" on the target directory on the RHEL/CentOS systems.  What I suspect is the problem (noticed this in CentOS and Scientific Linux v5.x and v6.x) is that there are some extra SSH + SELinux oriented security on the target systems.  If you are going CentOS to CentOS, not an issue.  From Ubuntu based (like Mint) to CentOS using key authentication, there is this problem in which it will ask for the password of the user account you are using.

I will have to review my notes on such for the full solution.  Part of which includes remaking your Ubuntu based SSH keys 2048 bit (the default is 768).  The other part might be altering the SSH + SELinux attribute(s) from the target directories and/or files, however, this is the part I would have to research some more.

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.