[clue] OT(ish) - HVAC Control

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Wed Sep 25 00:55:42 MDT 2013

If you want to DIY , I would be willing to design up an approach in collaboration with your desires.  I have been interested for some time in making such a beast.

http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/ColorTouch/     WiFi   $180

http://www.diycontrols.com/c-177-remote-control-thermostats.aspx
Units from $300 to $90

DIY:   buy a cheap bluetooth enabled Android tablet   ( or WiFi )    I have seen tablets for $70 and up.   I can help you build a temperature to microphone interface.  Or a USB to temperature sensor interface.  The contact closures ( heat and A/C )  can be controlled via USB or sound out.   Total cost about $100 ....   Requires some soldering and programming

Gus in NW Denver