[clue] TEKsystems Openings

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Mar 11 23:00:21 MDT 2014

Mike Nolte wrote:

> But why the need for endorsement?  How many of us don't get our jobs
> through pimps?  Personally, my last un-pimped gig was in 2004.  How
> else does it happen?  Who you know?

Are you saying you've used recruiters since 2004?

So thinking back since I left the military in 2000, *all* my IT jobs came from people I know:

- Internet startup: a friend gave my resume to HR

- federal government: a CLUEbie posted a job opening

- defense contractor: my part-time boss pointed me at an opening in his program

- HRIS consultant: a friend hired me for his team

So yeah, who you know.