[clue] What DSL modem(s) do people use?

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Wed Jul 29 14:36:46 MDT 2015

I'm currently on Centurylink DSL, with a Cisco 678 courtesy of someone
on this list who I've forgotten, but thank you, generous CLUE person!

What DSL modems do people use these days?

I'm interested in having control over NAT, as I have a web server, SSH
server and SMTP server running. I might want to have the modem just
bridge everything over to a computer with 2 ethernets and do my own
NAT and firewalling. Also, I'd like to switch off any LAN-side DHCP
and DHS, handling all that myself.

If one can't get a DSL modem to do that sort of thing, what are my options?
Comcast SOHO service? What kind of modem/router does one get for Comcast
broadband?