[clue] What DSL modem(s) do people use?

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Fri Jul 31 08:49:26 MDT 2015

Thanks everyone for making very good suggestions. I'm obliged.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Sounds like that is possible but I haven't tried bridging.  The 678 will do that.  Unless you're
> switching to a speed (and thus protocol) the 678 can't handle why do you want to change?  (I did
> everything else you've listed on a 678 as well.)

Cisco 678s eventually wear out - they start racking up "crc_errors", deciding that
the DSL interface needs to be reset, and drop/raise the DSL connection. Eventually,
all the 678 sees is "crc-errors".  I've had two go through this slow painful
death.

My last 678 is starting to do this, so I'm trying to get ahead of the game.