[clue-admin] ZNZ relegated to the dustbin of trashed ideas

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Dec 25 13:54:05 MST 2010

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 12:58:59 -0700
YES NOPE9 wrote:

> Is there an "official" list of who is running the group ?  I can only
> guess who is "running" the group.

http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=contacts
and Crawford, as Sysadmin.

As to the rest, well, please calm down and get a grip. You're bitching
about no discussion, but you didn't respond to my posts suggesting we
need to prioritize our actions. You didn't respond to my post asking that
proposals for hosting be tied to our requirements. You accuse us of being
totalitarian dictators because we haven't instantly jumped into action on
the suggestion of migrating to some cloud-based service with no
documentation of how it meets our needs. And now you're pissed off
because the people who have been doing the actual work of keeping our
hosting running have made a decision, which we did because we've run out
of time, this time around, for planning a migration. Would you have
preferred that we just didn't pay the bills and let the CLUE hosting go
away? Do you think that would be in the best interests of CLUE? I don't.

In point of fact, we're not dictators. We're not Czars. We weren't
appointed by Obama. We volunteered to take on responsibility on behalf of
CLUE. In the past, the vast majority of decisions about how CLUE operates
have been made by concensus of the CLUE admins, and in fact that's how
this one was made as well. That's our job. Which I'm not saying in an
exclusionary way, but as a recognition of our responsibilities.

I have another proposal. Today is Christmas day. Let's all ignore the
admin list for the rest of the weekend. Take at least a couple days off.
Hey, maybe just let things be until January. Nothing's going to break
between now and then, and I could certainly stand some time not worrying
about CLUE.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?